|Christopher Warnock, Esq.|
Astrology, Magical Talismans &
Mansions of the Moon in Picatrix
Listing of the Mansions of the
Moon in Picatrix
|Introduction to Talismans|
|Introduction to Astrological Magic|
Information on Picatrix
from Twilight Grotto
(2) The Sun should be asked for the raise of prestige, praising of fraternity, amplitude of designs, authority over the powerful, humiliation of the sovereigns, splendor of lights and vanishing of darkness.
(3) The Moon should be asked for fluidity of movements, disclosure of secrets, abundance of waters, extinguishing of fires, invalidation of completed facts and dissolution of harmonic atmospheres.
(4) Saturn should be asked for limitation of movements, hiding of secrets, impoverishment of countries, decrease of intentions, temptation of souls and water stagnation.
TOP(5) Jupiter should be asked for the accumulation of goods, conciliation of opinions, rejection of temptations, mitigation of grief and security of earthly and maritime paths.
(6) Mars should be asked for promotion of animosity, boldness of spirit, taming of beasts, subordination of passions, splendor of lights, generation of insurrection and submission of enemies.
(7) Venus should be asked for harmonization of the souls, expansion of enjoyment, rejection of preoccupation, influx of desires, nobility of lineage, extinguishing of fire and domestication of animals.
(8) The Scribe should be asked for manifestation of the hidden, study of mysteries, unfastening of the tongue, circulation of wealth, defamation and transmission of slanders.
(9) Abundance of smoke, untarnished animosity, observance of feast, intensity in invocations, procure as possible; election of the correspondences and minutia in the petition: those are the milestones of talismans.
(10) If the objective is in the nature of the ruler the acquisition will be easier, and vice versa.
(11) Signs can degenerate the actions of the celestial bodies and neutralize their positions, but they can also improve them.
(12) If the ascendant sign is not from the same nature of the request or the requester, the invocation would be meaningless and; the requester bewares!
(13) The talismans of fixed stars last longer than those of the planets.
TOP(14) If possible, the planets must be reinforced with a fixed star from the same nature, because it concentrates the power of the influx and the duration of the work.
(16) For dynamic the Eagle Star must be used, for the static the Lira Star .
(17) Conjunction of celestial bodies is a great support that we have to take advantage of.
(18) Positions are as fundamental as conjunctions for talismans.
(19) The dominant star being in the Midheaven, exalted or in its domicile and taking part of the ascendant.
(20) Entrust the Sun when you are depressed because it means renovation, growth, and quick response.
(21) Entrust the Moon when you're blocked because it's influent and of quick response, besides it means renovation and growth.
(22) Entrust Saturn when you are excluded because it means renovation and growth.
(23) To become wealthy use Jupiter because it has influx and quick response there;
besides it means renovation and increase of goods.
TOP(24) For domination use Mars, because it has influx and quick response in this and other aspects, and it means renovation and growth.
(25) When you are loathed use Venus who has very strong influx and quick response in this and other aspects, and means renovation and growth.
(26) If you ignore something use Mercury because in relation with this it means renovation and growth, resolute influx and quick response.
(27) Sluggishness in response is due to range, or insecurity, or bad organization.
(28) The work done to obtain perfumes and to recite invocations is better than the work done with precipitable gases and other spirits.
(29) The rising of the Sun and the indiscrete glances interrupt the spirituality of the nocturnal celestial bodies.
(30) The darkness of night and immobility interrupt the spirituality of diurnal celestial bodies; each star must be used in its own form.
(31) Immobility of a slow celestial body is more efficient than the dynamism of a quick one, even though they have the same strength.
(32) Don't demand harmony from Mars nor fracture from Venus; be rigorous on this
and never divert a celestial body from its path.
(34) You can address Mercury on the empty signs while the Moon can be addressed on both positions indistinctively.
(35) Mercury can be used for one thing and its contrary because it is of a variable nature.
(36) To unfasten the tongues Mercury must be in its house and it is efficient with those who Mercury rules.
(37) The Sun answers those who are ruled by Mars, and Mars answers those ruled by the Sun.
(38) The Moon answers those who are ruled by Venus, and Venus answers those ruled by the Moon.
(39) The Sun is in conflict with those who are ruled by Saturn, and Saturn is in conflict with those ruled by the Sun.
(40) The Moon is in conflict with those who are ruled by Mars, and Mars is in conflict with those ruled by the Moon.
(41) Venus answers those who are ruled by Jupiter, and Jupiter answers those ruled by Venus.
(42) Jupiter conflicts with those who are ruled by Mars, and Mars conflicts with those ruled by Jupiter.
(43) Mars conflicts with those who are ruled by Venus, and Venus conflicts with those ruled by Mars.
(44) Mercury conflicts with those who are ruled by Jupiter, and Jupiter conflicts with those ruled by Mercury.
(45) You must take in consideration that two opposite stars reinforce each
other in the rulership of human beings, unlike the stars of fate. And this
is what we take in consideration of all that was said by that man.
TOP(1) The astrologer is able to control the actions of the stars if he knows the influx of their nature; is quite likely that he can modify the action before it happens.
(3) The forms of the complex world obey the astral forms and that's why theurgists determined them according to the stars, in relation to whatever they wanted to influx.
(4) Use the malefics in your selections, just as the skillful doctor uses poisons in the correct measure.
(5) That two persons agree on something must be taken as a signal that something is in their natal horoscopes, and since they agree, it must be in a similar way: the one with the stronger position plays the role of leader and regent; and that of the weaker one plays the role of patient and ruled.
(6) Love and hate emanate from the crossed position of the two Lights in the natal horoscope of the two persons; from the coincidence of the ascendant (in the case of love), or from their opposition (in the case of hate). The dominated sign is the more loving.
(7) The stars should be used in the construction of cities; in the construction
of houses we must use the planets.
TOPEvery city built with Mars in the Midheaven, or any other fixed star from the same nature, will see the majority of its governors die by the sword.
(8) We shall not ignore the 120 conjunctions that occur between the planets, because in them its almost the whole knowledge of what happens in the world of being and corruption.
(9) In each theme, a space must be left to the inability of the receiver to comprehend all the form of the action.
(10) The Sun is the spring of the animal force; the Moon is the spring of
the natural force; Saturn, the spring of the adhesive force; Jupiter,
the spring of the progressive force; Mercury, the spring of intellectual
force; Mars, the spring of the choleric force and Venus is the spring of
the passional force. That's why, Mercury, Mars and Venus points out in the
natal horoscope the character and profession of the person.